Precautions to Ensure Safe Shopping
Open to walk-in traffic beginning May 18, 2020. (updated June, 2021)
To our customers,
The safety of our employees and our community is our primary concern always, but especially during this unique time. Please adhere to the protocols and procedures below to ensure safe shopping and hardware selection appointments at Modern Hardware.
- Wear a mask – masks are required if you are not fully vaccinated.
- Wash your hands – hand sanitizer should be used upon entry.
- Practice social distancing – respect the minimum distance of 6ft throughout the store and be mindful of customers who may be waiting, as our team may limit customers and access to some parts of the store. Please also avoid any unnecessary physical contact between customers and our team members.
Safe Hardware Selection Appointments
- The decorative hardware showroom will be open during normal business hours – 8AM to 5PM – but our team will not be available to conduct “walk-in” appointments due to capacity limits within the store. Appointments can be made here or by phone.
- Please wear a mask and practice social distancing if you are not fully vaccinated.
- Please no children at appointments for the foreseeable future.
- Sending drawings, ideas, etc. in advance of your appointment so our team can prepare as needed.
Shipping and Lead Times
- We continue to process most orders within 24 hours, but due to staffing constraints some orders may incur additional processing time.
- Many products may have lengthy back-order times due to supply chain issues. Please call the store if items are on backorder and you have a time-sensitive need.
Our team will continue to provide contactless pick up and delivery services if you order online or via phone (616-241-2655). Thank you for following the protocols above and for shopping local. Our family appreciates you and values your support.
Be safe, be well.
More Blog Posts >