Meet Our Decorative Hardware Consultants: Elizabeth Koenig
This month, get to know one of our decorative hardware consultants who has been helping customers’ houses become homes at Modern Hardware.
Meet Elizabeth Koenig:
1. What inspired you to become a decorative hardware consultant?
Despite not being formally trained in design, I’ve always had an eye for the details in a project which I believe comes from my grandfather, who was a designer for over 62 years. I’m excited to have an opportunity to utilize that skill in a professional setting.
2. What are some of the latest trends in decorative hardware that you’ve noticed?
Mixing finishes. It’s not the faux paux it once was and I think it’s quite refreshing to see all the combinations I can help clients come up with.
3. How do you approach working with clients to select the perfect hardware for their project?
I like to get an idea of the vision the client is looking for in their space in order to use my knowledge to create the perfect look for each customer and project.
4. What do you enjoy most about working as a decorative hardware consultant?
Typically, selecting decorative hardware is near the end of a project and customers are often fatigued from all the decisions they’ve had to make. I love seeing them get a renewed excitement for the finished result after the selection process.
5. What’s your favorite type of decorative hardware to work with and why?
I really love living finishes. I like how the hardware will patina at different times and in unique ways, making every piece wholly distinct.
6. What’s the most unique piece of decorative hardware you’ve ever seen or worked with?
We carry Windborne Studios’ collection of handmade glass knobs and pulls made by a local artist that are stunning and really different from standard hardware.
7. When you’re not working with decorative hardware, what are some of your hobbies or interests?
I have a big, loud family and I try to spend as much time as I can with them. I love the beach, knitting, and exploring new places. I also have an affinity for movies from the 1950s.
8. If you could describe yourself in one word, what would it be and why?
Inquisitive. I love learning new things and sharing my knowledge with others.
Schedule a free consultation today – Elizabeth and the rest of our decorative hardware team would love to help your house feel like home!
More Blog Posts >